The FG has reacted to the bluff of the PDP daring it to make public the so-called list of treasury looters. The FG released the first batch and called it teaser. Now, it released another, making it 29. The FG says more is where this comes from.
- PDP chairman Uche Secondus on the 19th of Feb 2015, took N200 million only from the office of then NSA”
- Raymond Dokpesi, Chairman of DAAR Communications is also on trial, for allegedly taking N2.1 billion also from the office of the NSA
- Dudafa Waripamo-Owei, former SSA to President Goodluck Jonathan, is also on trial over N830 million kept in accounts of four different companies,”
- President Jonathan’s cousin Robert Azibaola had a case to answer for collecting 40 million dollars from the office of then NSA.
- Former NSA Sambo Dasuki: Based on EFCC investigations and findings alone (this is beside the ongoing $2.1 billion military equipment scandal), a total of N126 billion, over $1.5 billion and 5.5 million British Pounds was embezzled through his office. A good number of these monies were simply shared to persons and companies without any formal contract awards.
- Former Petroleum Resources Minister Dieziani Alison-Madukwe: In just one of the cases the EFCC is investigating involving her, about N23 billion is alleged to have been embezzled. She is also involved in the Strategic Alliance Contracts of the NNPC, where the firms of Jide Omokore and Kola Aluko got oil blocks but never paid government taxes and royalty. About $3 billion was involved. The Federal Government is charging Omokore and Aluko and will use all legal instruments local and international to ensure justice.
- Lt.-Gen. Kenneth Minimah: N13.9 billion. N4.8 billion recovered by EFCC in cash and property
- -Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika: N4.5 billion. N29m recovered by the EFCC so far.
- Alex Barde, former Chief of Defence Staff: N8 billion, and EFCC recovered almost N4 billion in cash and property already.
- Inde Dikko: former CG Customs: N40 billion, and N1.1 billion in cash recovered in cash and choice properties.
- Air Marshal Adesola Amosun: N21.4 billion. 8 billion recovered in cash. 28 properties and 3 vehicles also recovered.
- Senator Bala Abdulkadir, former FCT Minister: N5 billion. Interim forfeiture order on some property secured.
- Senator Stella Oduah: N9.8 billion. Interim forfeiture order on some property secured.
- Former Niger State Governor Babangida Aliyu: N1.6 billion – from NSA.
- Senator Jonah Jang, former Plateau State Governor: 5 billion.
- Bashir Yuguda, former Minister of State for Finance: 5 billion. $829,800 recovered.
- Senator Peter Nwaboshi: 5 billion
- Aliyu Usman: Former NSA Dasuki’s aide: N512 million
- Ahmad Idris: Former NSA Dasuki’s PA: N1.5 billion
- Rasheed Ladoja: Former Oyo Governor: N500 million
- Tom Ikimi: N300 million
- Femi Fani-Kayode: N866 million
- Hassan Tukur, former PPS to President Goodluck: $1.7 million
- Nenadi Usman: N1.5 billion
- Benedicta Iroha: N1.7 billion
- Aliyu Usman Jawaz: Close ally of former NSA Dasuki: N882 million
- Godknows Igali: Over N7 billion
Mohammed alleged that Secondus, on February 19, 2015, took N200 million from the office of then National Security Adviser (NSA), while the then PDP financial secretary on October 24, 2014, took N600 million from the office of the then NSA.
He added that Metuh is on trial for collecting N1.4b from the office of the former NSA; Dokpesi for taking N2.1 billion from the office of then NSA;
Former senior special adviser to then President Goodluck Jonathan, Dudafa Waripamo-Owei, over N830 million allegedly kept in accounts of four different companies;
Federal High Court on Thursday ruled that Jonathan’s cousin, Robert Azibaola, has a case to answer for allegedly collecting $40 million from the office of the former NSA.
SERAP SAYS WITHDRAW
Instead of the Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) to press for more disclosure of suspected looters, the organization is saying, withdraw the list. If the organization felt that the list is not sxhaustive, it ought to demand for more. It says, withdraw, as if to help those on the list.
SERAP urged the government of President Muhammadu Buhari to “immediately withdraw the clumsy, arbitrary and selective looters’ list, released last week, as the list would seem to serve a political objective or carry out political agenda.”
It has its reasons: “This kind of action can only diminish the government’s ability to fight corruption, frustrate its oft-expressed goal of transparent governance, allow suspected perpetrators (whether from the APC or the PDP), to escape justice, and ultimately, deny victims of corruption justice and effective remedies.”