By Osy Nelson, Port Harcourt
Nigerian workers may begin to acquire houses through mortguages on easy terms. This follows the rollout of a mortguage facility by Highnet Resources Limited, a Lagos-based firm that boasts of “an extensive network and experience in facilitating finance in form of loans and equity from development banks, commercial banks, private and public equity firms and venture capitalists.”
In a statement released online on Thursday, June 14, 2018, Highet harped on the importance of owning real estate property as a means of shelter or store of wealth and value. The statement said many Nigerians were however unable to own real estate due to the challenges of identifying, financing and developing good quality properties with registered title in choice locations.
“Our mortgage loan facilitation service is designed to take stress off the residential or investment real estate ownership process for employees or owners of thriving and reputable companies. The service includes a wide variety of fully built high quality properties with registered title in good locations and convenient access to mortgage finance.
“Highnet Resources Ltd has extensive network and experience in facilitating finance in form of loans and equity from development banks, commercial banks, private and public equity firms and venture capitalists. In addition to other financing collaborations with numerous financial institutions Highnet Resources is a registered and very active Business Development Services Provider (BDSP) with Bank of Industry (BOI) which is Nigeria’s oldest, largest and most successful development financing institution.
In the last one year (June 2017 to May 2018) Highnet has helped companies in various sectors to access funding. More recently Highnet have extended its finance facilitation service to the real estate sector and is currently focused on the real estate developer (construction) and individual mortgage customer segments.
The Individual Mortgage Finance Process
Highnet Resources will interface with the lending financial institution(s) to ensure that the funding process is convenient, cost effective, hitch-free and as fast as possible for the mortgage loan applicant.
The process is as described below:
- The assessment of documents and loan repayment capacity of the mortgage applicant will be done by Highnet
- If the assessment is positive the mortgage applicant will select their preferred property from Highnet’s approved list.
- Highnet will prepare and submit the mortgage loan application with supporting documents
- The Loan application will be appraised and and the selected property verified
- The Loan offer letter will issued if the application is approved
- The Loan will be disbursed to the property seller after the offer terms are met by the applicant
- The Successful loan applicant can then takes possession of the house
Note that terms, conditions; consulting and loan fees will apply at various stages of the finance facilitation process described above.