RESPONSE TO YOUR ATTACK ON MY PERSON
1. You have the right to call me an Agbero and to question if I am a Professor. Unfortunately, your language portrays you more as an Agbero. Recall my hot exchange with you and my telling you that the Faculty of Agriculture should not be given opportunity to occupy the office of Vice-Chancellor for 100years because of the tyranny of Prof. Lale. As part of your response you said every system has a Clique and that I should live with it.
2. As former ASUU Chairman, I can’t accept your advice to live with a tyrannical Clique. The restiveness you are witnessing in Uniport now is a build up of five years of oppression and wickedness to staff and students. Address this as you respond to this letter.
3. Please the manipulation of Senate and Congregation elections has two sides to it;
a. Reduction of tenure and rigging. Reduction of tenure violates the University Act. The Act states that there shall be no amendment to the law until approved by the President. Prof Lale presided over Senate and Congregation meetings where these illegal reductions took place.
b. The Congregation and Senate elections of 2019 took place in mile three like atmosphere. No proper accreditation and unknown number of voters. I was in both. I protested that of Senate and as usual Prof Lale brought out hammer to hit my head.
4. Please note that neither Senate nor Congregation can confer legitimacy to their illegal elections.
5. The University Act stipulates that when there is conflict over interpretation of provisions of the Act, it shall be referred to the Visitor for interpretation and the Visitor’s interpretation shall be binding to all parties. The University of Port Harcourt Act is online. Make time to study it before responding to me again.
6. The present University Administration chose to abuse the Act for selfish reasons. Unfortunately the head of the administration is from your faculty. It is a pity.
7. You referred to Court cases in Abuja and Port Harcourt and that my case was thrown out.
My application for joinder was rejected by the court. I was not given the opportunity to present the facts as you claim.
Again, as a Logician and student of philosophy of law, I know that denial of locus standi does not invalidate the facts of a case. Deal with the facts and forget the locus standi argument.
I have a right to present my argument to the public and I am doing so again by responding to you.
I have sympathy for you because you may not be familiar with basic logic. My year one students know that it is illogical to attack a person instead of addressing an issue. The fallacy involved is Fallacy of Argumentum ad Hominem.
THE STRUGGLE TO REPOSITION UNIPORT IS A SERIOUS ONE. DON’T JUMP INTO IT WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING THE ISSUES.
Thank you Sir