As CP Zaki Ahmed launched Operation 3Rs (Repent, Relocate, or Regret!
The suspected killers of a 72-year-old retired Army Warrant Officer, Moses Walter, have been apprehended by the Rivers State police command. The commissioner of police, Zaki Ahmed, in a briefing in Port Harcourt this came through what he called credible intelligence.
He said operatives of the Anti-Kidnapping Unit stormed a kidnappers den at Ukpeliede Community in Ahoada where Justice Chidi ‘m’ 21yrs and Ngozi Yellow ‘m’ were arrested.
On interrogation, he said, they suspects confessed to belonging to Iceland Cult Group who kidnapped and murdered Walter and buried him in a shallow grave. He said they are right now helping the Police in investigation and would be charged to court as soon as investigation was completed.
Another deadly operation he mention was by the Anti-cultism Unit in a sting Operation which arrested those he called a notorious cultist by name Godwin Wali ‘m’ aka Agara who he said confessed to be the leader of Dey Gbam cult group that attacked their rival cult Iceland at Omademe Community in Ikwerre LGA. The police said 11 persons including Ezeonye Letan of Ozuaha Community were killed and beheaded. He said the arrest led to the arrest of one Wisdom Enyinda, aka Tobi ‘m’ where exhibits recovered from them include assorted charms.
In another development, the CP said one Wisdom Tennyson ‘m’ an Air Force Officer attached to 407 Air Combat Training Group Kainji, was arrested at a Guest House, off Bitter Leaf Road, Trans Amadi in a case of kidnapping and rape of their victim. He confessed to the crime and would be in court as soon as investigation was over.
The CP also disclosed another success in another development. He said men men of the Anti-Kidnapping Unit on July 21, 2018, in combined raid operation stormed the following identified kidnappers’ dens at Igbo Etche, Artillery, Rukpoku and Rumuagholu, respectively where a total of 54 suspects where arrested. “After screening them, the rest were released unconditionally while two notorious kidnappers identified as Kelvin Nwosu ‘m’ and Kingsley Igwe ‘m’ who were arrested in Mama G brothel, on interrogation confessed to be members of kidnapping gang that kidnapped one Edith Obiageri Standley ‘f’ who was kidnapped on the 21/6/18 at her house gate, Road 1 off F-SARs Road Rukpoku, Port Harcourt.”
He said the suspects were helping the police with investigations and would be charged to court as soon as investigation was over.
The CP mentioned several other successful crackdowns and said trom the statistics, a total number of 13 suspects were arrested for various criminal offences and a total number of 25 Arms recovered and 52 number of Ammunitions/52 Cartridges. The war is still raging as we shall leave no stone unturned, until these criminal elements are fished out.
He went on: “Gentlemen of the press, let me once again thank you for finding time to be part of this success story and to further crave your indulgence to sustain the cordial relationship with the Command.”
* * *
SEE FULL CRIME DETAILS IN RIVERS STATE
Gentlemen of the Press, I bring you warm greetings from the Command. I have the honour to invite you here today as usual to chat with you and share some of the recent achievements recorded by the Command.
Recall vividly that on my assumption of duty as the 38th Commissioner of Police, I invited you and therein read my three action words otherwise known as my riot Act to criminals in the State, to wit:
Criminals to repent
Criminals to relocate or
Criminals to face justice.
Sincerely speaking I have kept faith with this position and I must concede with every sense responsibility that it has not been easy with us as we have had to battle these hoodlums on all fours to make sure that the state knows some peace.
We deployed all the resources at our disposal to tackle the menace of cultism which has been our major challenge and I can say with obvious frankness that we have won the war. However, we will not rest on our oars until criminality in the state is brought to a tolerable level.
It is therefore my pleasure to present to you the most recent achievements recorded in the last couple of weeks.
They are as follows:-
1. Following a credible intelligence Operatives of Anti-Kidnapping Unit stormed a kidnappers den at Ukpeliede Community in Ahoada where Justice Chidi ‘m’ 21yrs and Ngozi Yellow ‘m’ were arrested and on interrogation confessed to belonging to Iceland Cult Group who kidnapped and murdered one Moses Walter ‘m’ 72yrs a retired Warrant of the Nigeria Army and buried him in a shallow grave.
They are helping the Police in Investigation and will be charged to court as soon as investigation is completed.
2. In another development, Men of the Anti-Kidnapping Unit on 21/7/18 at about 2100Hrs in combined raid operation stormed the following identified kidnappers’ dens at Igbo Etche, Artillery, Rukpoku and Rumuagholu, respectively where a total of 54 suspects where arrested. After screening them, the rest were release unconditionally while two notorious kidnappers identified as Kelvin Nwosu ‘m’ and Kingsley Igwe ‘m’ who were arrested in Mama G brothel, on interrogation confessed to be members of kidnapping gang that kidnapped one Edith Obiageri Standley ‘f’ who was kidnapped on the 21/6/18 at her house gate, Road 1 off FSARs Road Rukpoku, Port Harcourt.
They are helping the Police and will be charged to court as soon as investigation is over.
3. Again on 5/7/18 at about 2100Hrs, Men of the Anti-kidnapping Unit stormed another kidnappers’ camp at Ikwerre Ngwo in Etche LGA and arrested one Monday Hanson ‘m’ of Ikwerre Ngwo Community who kidnapped one Bernard Chidi Nwoke ‘m’ who was rather rescued unhurt at Umuebulu forest.
Exhibits recovered from the camp include:
1. Two pump action guns
2. Nine live cartridges
3. Five Matchetes
4. Bow and arrow
The suspect is helping the Police and will be charged to court.
4. Away from that, on 17/7/18 at about 0048Hrs Operatives of the Anti-cultism Unit on credible Information Stormed a kidnappers’ den at Eneka Igbo Etche Road, where they arrested one Judith Anyanwu ‘f’ who was keeping watch over one Chief Ibiba Georgewill ‘m’ that was kidnapped at Woji Town Hall PH. She was arrested while others took to flight.
Exhibits recovered from their Den include:-
1. Two double Barrel Pistols
2. Seven rounds of 9mm Ammunition
3. One Lexus Jeep with Reg No GGE 503 FD
4. One Toyota Rav 4 with Reg No. RGM 707 RD.
5. Similarly, Men of the Anti-Cultism Unit of the Command within the last three weeks, arrested the under-mentioned names who were arrested from different parts of State and have confessed to belonging to different cult groups who have in recent time engaged themselves in senseless killings of their perceived rival groups.
1. Oguzie Samuel ‘m’
2. Saturday Monday ‘m’
3. Emmanuel Joseph ‘m’
The suspected cultists are helping the Police in Investigation and will be due in court as soon as Investigation is over.
6. Moving on, on 21/7/2018 at about 0930hrs Men of the Egbeda Police Station arrested one Kelechi Uche ‘m’ 19yrs, a notorious cultist who in a cult clash murdered one Emmanuel Amadi ‘m’ in the community.
He has confessed to have carried out several cult related killings in and around Egbeda Community in Ikwerre LGA.
He is helping us in our investigation, as efforts have been intensified to arrest his gang members.
7. Furthermore on 28/7/2018 at about 1400hrs, acting on credible information, Men of the Eagle Crack Squad arrested Bariagara Fombo ‘m’ 19yrs of Kpoghor in Tai LGA who confessed to have carried out the kidnap of one Charles Uchenna Iwuchukwu with his gang. The victim was murdered by them.
He is helping us with some clues that will assist us in the arrest of his gang members.
8. Similarly, Men of the Eagle Crack Squad on 21/7/18 at 1130hrs through credible information arrested one Michael Adidoma ‘m’ from Akani Community who is alleged to be keeping Arms and Ammunition for a kidnap gang. He has confessed to the crime and is helping us to arrest his gang members.
9. Continuing, one Wisdom Tennyson ‘m’ an Air Force Officer attached to 407 Air Combat Training Group Kainji, was arrested at a Guest House, off Bitter Leaf Road, Trans Amadi in a case of kidnapping and rape of their victim. He confessed to the crime and will be in court as soon as investigation is over.
10. In a related development, Operatives of the Eagle Crack Squad in a sting operation on 14/7/2018, arrested Eno Brown ‘m’ 25yrs and Chibuzor Nwontuba ‘m’ 31yrs all of Mile 2 Diobu who are said to be members of notorious cult groups terrorizing Diobu and its environs, Chibuzor Nwontuba confessed to have murdered one Edith in one of their operations.
They are helping us in investigation and will be charged to court very soon.
11. Similarly, Operatives of FSARs in the wake of the killing of a FSAR Operative, Inspr Ada Uche, attached to Etche Office of FSARs, arrested the following suspects.
(1) Kingsley Nwala ‘m’
(2) Godbless Ogue ‘m’
(3) Chukwudi Achor ‘m’
The trio on interrogation confessed to have killed the said Inspector and claimed responsibility for the incessant robbery attacks on motorists in Etche and its environs.
12. Away from that, Men of the Special Anti-Kidnapping Unit, (SAKU) on 20/7/18 at about 2100hrs, while on patrol, intercepted a Red Camry Car with Reg. No BGM 739 AA with four occupants, including a lady. On interrogation it was discovered that the lady, one Comfort Chidiebere was actually kidnapped and was being ferried to their camp but the intervention of the Police saved her.
The suspects arrested are
1. Douye Edwin ‘m’
2. Wilson Francis ‘m’
3. Ejike Brown ‘m’
They have all confessed to the crime and will be charged to court as soon as investigation is over.
13. On the 30/6/18 at about 2035Hrs, a student of Ignatius Ajuru University of Education by the name Miss Calista Onyinyechi Okori 23yrs was shot dead by some hoodlums on her way to her place after school. Acting on credible intelligence, one Goodness Chukwu ‘m’ of Ogbogoro Community was arrested by Men of the State CIID and on interrogation, confessed and his confession led to the arrest of one Lekum Matthew ‘m’ 22yrs who confessed that he was the one that shot the girl.
Exhibits recovered from them include:
(1) One locally made pistol
(2) 4 rounds of live cartridges
They are helping us in investigation as efforts are on to arrest other members of their gang.
14. The IGP Monitoring Unit on 13/7/2018 at about 2045Hrs in a sting operation stormed a criminal hideout at Aluu Community where the hoodlums on sighting the Police engaged them and in a return fire, one of them was fatally wounded, while three of the robbers later identified as Ebuka Agugu ‘m’ Dukori Promise and Joshua Lekon were arrested and one locally made revolver pistol recovered from them.
The victims of the attack at the PHS Lodge Aluu, have identified them and Investigation is ongoing at the end of which they will be charged to court.
15. Again, Men of the IGP Monitoring Unit in a follow up to a case of armed robbery at the Office of the Niger Delta Development Authority, Isiokpo, where two Soundproof Generators were robbed, the team arrested the following persons namely: Ndidi Elechi ‘m’ 36yrs Justice Alozie ‘m’ 35yrs Bernard Paul ‘m’ 34yrs, Eric Ogwndile ‘m’ 40yrs and Ehonna Johnson.
The Exhibit Generators have been recovered and the suspects will be due in court soonest.
16. Similarly, Men of the IGP Monitoring Unit smashed a gang of armed robbers who specializes in robbing Lorries along the Port Harcourt/Enugu Expressway. As part of the Investigation, One John Ochola ‘m’ 49yrs was arrested in Adoka Benue State in connection with the robbery. The Mack Truck with Reg No. EF 229 GGC was recovered.
17. ARREST OF A NOTORIOUS CULTIST
Operatives of the Anti-cultism Unit in a sting Operation carried out on 13/7/2018 arrested a notorious cultist by name Godwin Wali ‘m’ aka Agara who confessed to be the leader of Dey Gbam cult group that attacked their rival cult Iceland at Omademe Community in Ikwerre LGA, where eleven persons including Ezeonye Letan of Ozuaha Community was killed and beheaded. His confession led to the arrest of one Wisdom Enyinda, aka Tobi ‘m’. Exhibits recovered from them include assorted charms.
They are helping us and will be due in court as soon as investigation is concluded.
18. RECOVERY OF SNATCHED AK47 RIFLE.
Operatives of OPS Strike Force on 14/8/18 at about 0200Hrs responded to a distress call at Apani Community in Ikwerre LGA where armed robbers had blocked the road. On arrival at the scene, the hoodlums on sighting the Police open fire but were repelled at the end of which the Police overpowered them, following which one AK47 rifle, two magazines and four rounds of 7.62mm were recovered. The recovered AK47 is said to be one of rifles snatched from the Police.
SUMMARY OF ACHIEVEMENTS / EXHIBITS
(1) No. of suspected Armed Robbers – 3
(2) No. of suspected cultists – 3
(3) No. of suspected kidnappers – 7
(4) No. of Vehicles recovered – 8
(5) No. of AK47 recovered – 2
(6) No. of locally made pistols – 17
(7) No. of pump action guns – 3 (8) No. of Single Barrel guns – 1
(9) No. of Ammunition – 52
(10) No. of Cartridges – 52
(11) No. of Magazines – 3
(12) Police Uniforms –
(13) No. of Double Barrel Guns – 3
(14) Different Sim Cards –
(15) Different charms –
From the statistics above, a total number of 13 suspects were arrested for various criminal offences and a total number of 25 Arms recovered and 52 number of Ammunitions/52 Cartridges. The war is still raging as we shall leave no stone unturned, until these criminal elements are fished out.
Gentlemen of the press, let me once again thank you for finding time to be part of this success story and to further crave your indulgence to sustain the cordial relationship with the Command.
I promise not to let you down and will do my utmost best to sustain the aggressive onslaught against the common enemies of the Command. I have directed my Officers to redouble their efforts and embark on massive raids of all criminal hideouts including the Bushes and forests, to take the war to them. I have also deployed my Officers and men for early evening sectorized patrols of the Metropolis and to embark on stop and search, as ways of tackling the security situation in the state.
Finally, let me express my profound appreciation to members of the Public for their faith in us and promise to deliver on our mandate.
Thanks and God bless.